7 Nuggets of NKJV Study Bible, Deuteronomy
1. The book of Deuteronomy, the Fifth book of the Pentateuch
2. The meaning of Deuteronomy is “the second law.”
3. Moses compiled Deuteronomy and wrote most of it.
4. Moses challenged Israel to remain faithful to the covenant, reminded them of their past history, and pointed to their future of blessings or cursing in the land of Canaan, depending upon their belief and behavior.
5. The revelation of God at Mount Sinai
6. The Lord brought in punishment for the sins of people.
7. The rich blessings for those who obeyed God’s law would be recited.