7 Nuggets of University of Berkshire Hathaway (vol.17)
1. Buffett sells stocks in at least two ways.
2. In 1998, Buffett’s company acquired reinsurance giant General Re in a deal valued at $22 billion.
3. It was reasonable to trust Buffett is essential to the deal.
4. Berkshire is diluted to sell sporadic to holding Coca-Cola, Gillette, and American Express.
5. Ron Ferguson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of General Re, joined Berkshire’s Board of Directors.
6. Berkshire Hathaway was a mega-merger.
7. Clarify analysis of landmark transactions.