7 Nuggets of NKJV Study Bible, Deuteronomy (vol.2)
1. Moses himself challenged the people to renew their commitment to God.
2. The Lord had commanded Moses to leave the words of the law as a testimony to Israel.
3. Moses prepared the new generation for the coming conquest of the Lord and ensured that every generation after that would hear God’s laws.
4. “Moses spoke to the children of Israel according to all that the Lord had given him as commandments to them” (Deu. 1:3, NKJV)
5. “Turn and take your journey” (Deu. 1:7, NKJV)
6. “See I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them” (Deu. 1:8, NKJV).
7. In Hebrew, Shaba, the verb translated as swore, is related to the word used for the number seven.