Walking with God—Takeaways from “Creating a Life That Matters” by Manis Friedman (vol.5)
1. The unwavering wisdom of generations past
2. Fame and celebrity are akin to the idols that left the ancient idol worshippers high and dry.
3. Religion is about what I want from God.
4. There was no word for religion in the classical Hebrew language.
5. Religion per se is beside the point.
6. The question in Judaism is, “What does God need from me?”
7. Religion demands a certain lifestyle and presumably guarantees certain rewards.