7 Nuggets of The Power of Discipline (vol. 3)
1. The human brain contains an estimated 100 billion neurons, the minuscule cells responsible for our behaviors and thoughts.
2. When you make healthy choices, self-discipline is strengthened.
3. Discipline requires you to set goals, filter distractions, control unhelpful inhibitions, prioritize activities, and pursue the goals that you have set.
4. Self-discipline and focus work simultaneously.
5. The main priority for the brain is survival.
6. The best way to build self-discipline is to remove yourself from temptation.
7. Stress is another biological factor that contributes to willpower.