7 Nuggets of Immortal by Lex Meyer (vol.23)
1 The Stoics believed the soul was spiritual and part of the divine.
2. Philosophical system abounded in the first century A.D.
3. Paul warned his readers to beware of philosophy in Colossian 2:8.
4. Platonists argued that this physical life is a shadow of reality,
5. The Epicureans and Stics would have been very familiar with Plato’s theory of forms.
6. When Paul addressed the philosophers with the message of resurrection, they were caught off guard by the strange doctrine he was teaching.
7. Paul began a very antagonistic sermon to their philosophical beliefs.